I started this blog so that I can share my experience on Semester at Sea with the rest of the world (but mostly my friends and family :D ). Its hard to believe that in just over a week I will embark on the greatest adventure of my life! The anticipation is killing me! But at least I am able to use this time to gain more and more information about the countries I am visiting.
I've decided to start up a Geology Club on the ship, so today I started collecting information on South African geology (especially the unmistakable Table Mountain). I hope to gain a little information about some aspect of the geology of each country and organize geology-related hikes in each port. I'm a Geophysics major and I have some experience as a geology TA and field assistant; I'd be happy to share my knowledge with anyone interested in joining this club and adventuring with me!
I must sign off for now, but there will be much more to come!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited for you Alicia! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures :D
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! This is likely to be one of the top highlights of your life! That is so cool to know before you even take off! Hope you have good sea legs!
ReplyDelete~s.
She left on the bus right on time at 10am. Could have been Science Camp, Gold Arrow Camp, or off to school. This will be different. We all toasted her at 5pm when her ship left, though we couldn't hear the "BOOUUUUUUUU" of the ships horn we could see that she was sailing into a beautiful sunset.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you Alicia. Sounds incredible. I loved travelling up and down the coast on the Thorseggen, "Tom's merchant ship", from Vancouver Island to SF and LA a few times. The sea life was incredible and the stars were amazing! And sound travels over water so when we went up the inside passage to Elk Falls up island, we could hear people talking on the neighbouring islands as if we were sitting next to them! Looking forward to your geology lessons! Amy Brophy in BC
ReplyDelete